Thursday, September 25, 2008

Time Life Music Infomercials...


sigh* My package finally arrived today. About 2 months ago, during one of my sleepless nights, my regular tv programming ended and "paid programming" was just about to start. I was making some smart ass comment to my niece about how she had come downstairs just in time to watch garbage with me.

So..... we started watching the infomercial, fully intending to make fun of it. I must be getting old - shut up out there already! Time Life was shilling their rock ballad CD's. A few minutes into the spiel, I realized I really really REALLY wanted these CD's. Really!

After spending several minutes on line at the Time Life website where I looked through the song titles on all the CD's, I went from really wanting these CD's to believing I NEEDED these CD's.

Do I really need to say the rest? Yes, I ordered them. Now, what floored me was that these CD's were out of stock and took 6 weeks to get to me. So I'm left to wonder if they ever were in stock, or, if the informercial was there to entice people to order and if enough of us did not order then the CD's would have conveniently never come into stock.

I don't know. I'm just suspicious like that.

And, since my car has a 6 CD player, you can bet I will have 6 of them loaded up to play at random. I can just imagine having all that cool music in my 20 hour car trips to Texas. Even better if I were ever to drive cross country to some place like, oh, Portland, (yes that's a comma) Oregon, they will be my companions on that trip too.

1 comment:

Lissa said...

I'm glad I don't go on road trips with you.

and, who in their right mind would live in portland withorwithoutacomma oregon?